Shane King is your State Member for Kurwongbah. A passionate local, Shane attended Pine Rivers High and has raised his family in our community over the past two decades. Shane is a proud father to Ben and a strong supporter of his wife Angie, a local volunteer fire fighter.
Prior to entering Parliament, Shane worked as an electrician, supervisor, safety trainer and inspector for Powerlink Queensland. Shane knows first-hand the importance of front-line staff and the economic benefits that local workers deliver for communities. That’s why Shane has helped to deliver funding for:
- More teachers and teacher aides across the Moreton Bay region
- Millions of dollars in new school facilities and refurbishments
- More nurses and doctors for the Moreton Bay region
- Millions of dollars in health funding for new equipment at local hospitals
- Boundary Road highway interchange
- Upgrades at Dakabin, Narangba and Lawnton train stations
- Safeguarding the use of Lake Kurwongbah for recreational water sports
- A new Petrie Fire Station
Shane is proud to represent Kurwongbah constituents.