Shane King is your State Member for Kurwongbah. A passionate local, Shane attended Pine Rivers High and has raised his family in our community over the past two decades. Shane is a proud father to Ben and a strong supporter of his wife Angie, a local volunteer fire fighter.
Prior to entering Parliament, Shane worked as an electrician, supervisor, safety trainer and inspector for Powerlink Queensland. In addition, he worked as a supervisor, maintenance planner and electrical maintainer in the Iron Ore mines in Western Australia.
Shane is an avid motoring enthusiast, passionate about motor racing and classic cars. He enjoys tinkering with and driving his collection of old cars and is a regular at Lakeside Park Raceway.
Shane is an active campaigner on industrial relations issues and opposed the Howard Government’s Work Choices program and the former Newman Government’s Asset Sales agenda.
Shane knows first-hand the importance of front-line staff and the economic benefits that local workers deliver for communities. That’s why Shane has helped to deliver funding for:
- More teachers and teacher aides across the Moreton Bay region
- Millions of dollars in new school facilities and refurbishments
- More nurses and doctors for the Moreton Bay region
- Millions of dollars in health funding for new equipment at local hospitals
- Boundary Road highway interchange
- Upgrades at Dakabin, Narangba and Lawnton train stations
- Safeguarding the use of Lake Kurwongbah for recreational water sports
- New Petrie Fire Station
Shane strongly supports the emerging University of the Sunshine Coast campus at Petrie and will continue to deliver job creating infrastructure projects locally, having already secured funding for:
- Petrie Roundabout upgrade
- Deception Bay / New Settlement Road overpass and highway interchange
- Bus stop upgrades on Morayfield Road
Shane is proud to represent Kurwongbah constituents in the Queensland Parliament, both as an MP, and as Chair of the Transport and Public Works Committee.