Shane King is your State Member for Kurwongbah. A passionate local, Shane attended Pine Rivers High and has raised his family in our community over the past two decades. Shane is a proud father to Ben and a strong supporter of his wife Angie, a local volunteer fire fighter.
Prior to entering Parliament, Shane worked as an electrician, supervisor, safety trainer and inspector for Powerlink Queensland.
Shane knows well the importance of front-line staff, the economic benefits that local jobs deliver for local businesses, and the need to support and improve our communities through better health, education and community services. That’s why Shane has helped to deliver funding for:
- Deception Bay - New Settlement Road Bruce Highway interchange upgrade (now underway)
- Petrie Intersection upgrade
- Upgrades at Burpengary (coming soon), Dakabin, Narangba and Lawnton train stations
- Boundary Road Bruce Highway interchange upgrade
- More teachers and teacher aides across the Moreton Bay region
- Millions of dollars in new school facilities and refurbishments
- Airconditioning and solar panels for all State schools
- More nurses and doctors for the Moreton Bay region
- Millions of dollars in health funding for new equipment and redevelopment at local hospitals
- New Satellite Hospitals for Caboolture and Pine Rivers
- Safeguarding the use of Lake Kurwongbah for recreational water sports
- Over $3m in grants to local community groups since his election as the Member for Kurwongbah in 2017
- A new neighbourhood centre in Kallangur that also services Kurwongbah and Narangba
Shane is proud to represent Kurwongbah constituents.